Alaris Antennas has a range of products available which are suitable and have been qualified for marine antenna applications. The following products are two prominent examples that have been optimised to withstand the harsh environments that are experienced in maritime applications.
The DF-A0037 is a wideband DF marine antenna suitable for rugged applications. Based on the more portable DF-A0029 product, the rugged version features upgraded mechanical and environmental features to improve performance when mounted on a vehicle.
The antenna has a loop array for good DF performance at low frequencies where the phase size of the array is small, and two pentagonal arrays for the middle and high frequency ranges. Secondary pentagonal arrays of dipoles and monopoles provide good omni-directional antennas up to 3.6 GHz when appropriately combined. A HF whip on top of the antenna provides a sensitive omni output for this band.
A decagonal cylindrical cavity inside the marine antenna, approximately 350 mm wide x 370 mm high, allows switching, amplification and RF processing to be integrated into the antenna, reducing cable loss and weight.
- Full-band correlative interferometer
- HF capability
- Wideband dedicated omni capability
- Rugged radome
- GPS antenna
- Vehicle-based direction finding
- Marine antenna direction finding
- Two wideband LPDAs on a single mast
- Rotator for aiming and scanning all angles
- Internal rotary joint for 360° coverage
- Low-loss internal cables.
- Designed for shipboard use above deck
- Extreme environmental specifications for wind, water and salt
- High-wind speed capability
- Protected cable exit system
- High-power capability for immunity from nearby communications
- Wideband monitoring marine antenna
- Hand-off monitoring from DF receiver
Alaris Antennas is part of the Alaris Holdings Group of Companies.